Thread: Buck 110 vs Uncle Henry?

Default Buck 110 vs Uncle Henry?

I have an old Uncle Henry that I've had since I was a kid, early 70's, that is basically a copy of the 110. I don't own a 110 but I do have a Bucklite 426 20+ years old, as an aside. I doubt if there's much difference in quality between the Schrade and Buck products but I don't know, whaddya think? I realize this is a Buck subforum and may be biased

Bob

Default Re: Buck 110 vs Uncle Henry?

I've got a Buck 110 that I bought in early 72 and carried in Nam. Hell of a knife.

I've also got a Schrade Old Timer 7-OT. Hell of a knife.

I've also got a KABAR 1189. Hell of a knife.

I carry the Buck when I feel like carrying a lockback. Mostly due to the fact that it has been on and off my hip for close to 40 years.

I think the Schrade is equal in all respects to the Buck except that this particular Schrade doesn't have a stainless steel blade. I think the KABAR is equal to the other two. All of them have have blades that are harder than a minister's dick. All hold and edge equally well and all are bears to sharpen because the blades are so hard.

The Bucks feels a tad better in my hand. Probably because I'm used to it.
    Last edited by Molasses P Bongwater; 11-12-2011 at 08:52 PM.

Hard sharpening...

Buck 110 yup
    Schrade.. mines a LB7.. yup
    Want to try sharpening my Puma Game Warden??? only knife I ever owned that I benched early because of the difficulty in the sharpening.. one little nick = lotso swipes.

Upside is she's like a razor now and apt to stay that way in case I get the notion to move some whiskers......

Sweet Blade though.

Game Warden?
    Yup.

Only mine is called a Plainsman. A bit earlier version of the same knife. That one hasn't been used, probably won't be. I think it's a '71 model.

That Hartkopf in the pic is the smoothest operating lockback I've ever owned.