Welcome to Ramanon
We are a community dedicated to knives, guns, and archery. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today! Having issues signing up? Contact us here!
Photo

Nordland Axe

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

tedwca

tedwca

Spammer Royale with cheese

• Members
  • 858 posts
Well, I finally ran out and took some quick photos of the Nordland and some of my other quasi viking weapons. The spear is probably the most historically accurate. The HI seax is not even close to accurate, but is still cool.

The specs on the ax are: OAL - 21", Blade - 4 1/4", Head is 6" across, and it weighs 27 oz. The handle is supposed to be ash, but I can't tell. It is oval shaped for blade indexing and the handle flares out at the bottom for added retention and comfort.

The head is cast, but seems very tough. It handles pretty well and seems to hit VERY hard.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nordland Axe by Arms and Armor, Seax by Himalayan Imports, Viking Spear by Arms and Armor.

Posted Image
Ted Wilson -- "What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us, what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal." -Albert Pike

rio

rio

S.T.F.U

• Moderators
  • 23,757 posts
ted great pics as always bro , that axe is a bad mother:devil:

Gwax...

Gwax...

Prince of Ramanon's Northern Kingdom

• Members
  • 8,646 posts
The Norland axe is nifty. I almost forgot about an order I have with Ragnar for a similar axe.

(wishes upon falling star)

Gwaxsignature20140702_sm_zpsd1965183.png

Skyler R.

Skyler R.

Platinum

• Members
  • 255 posts
I knew I should of picked up the nordland axe when they had it on sale.

Great pictures as normal Ted.

Felmat

Felmat

Rammy's Alien Ambassador

• Members
  • 5,125 posts
That's utterly badass!:devil:

Ad Astra

Ad Astra

Carries a mean falcata!

• Members
  • 10,769 posts
Ted- going a-Viking for Halloween?

Me, too, but you're way better armed. Need a bearded axe like that... :cornfused

and if the HI seax was about 6-8" longer, into the short sword category...

Mike
Posted Image
archer1 Ye Original 7.62mm Full-Metal-Jacketed Bastid (CLB O’ TRU BSTDS) [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kevin Grey

Kevin Grey

Supreme being in his own little world

• Members
  • 16,076 posts
If that is cast it is an outstanding job. I guess they cleaned it up because it sure looks pretty.

I am no expert. It sure looks like hickory to me. That is just as good or better than Ash.
Bubba Buddha says,

The secrets of the future lie in the past and
what grand lies they can tell.

The secrets of the past determine our future.

To unravel those we must need only master ourselves.

Kevin Grey

Kevin Grey

Supreme being in his own little world

• Members
  • 16,076 posts
[quote name='Kevin Grey']If that is cast it is an outstanding job. I guess they cleaned it up because it sure looks pretty.

I am no expert. It sure looks like hickory to me.
That is just as good or better than Ash. Hickory is harder to work. It is also tougher to split. :twocents:
Bubba Buddha says,

The secrets of the future lie in the past and
what grand lies they can tell.

The secrets of the past determine our future.

To unravel those we must need only master ourselves.

Yvsa

Yvsa

Shaman of Steel r.i.p

• Members
  • 879 posts
Beautiful kit Ted!:otay: :oj: Dan Brock is tops on my list for period Bowies and I'd bet $10.00 to a donut that if you wanted a really accurate Seax that Dan could forge you one!:devil: :pirate:

It's very hard to tell the difference between Ash and Hickory just by looking at it as the grain is very similar. It's easier to tell by its smell than its looks but it appears that Kevin is correct in his judgment.:) Taken from the Arms and Armor website ---
"Our highlight item for June is the prototype for our new item: the #213 Nordland Axe. This hand axe is a Peterson Type C style axe with a pronounced beard and slightly curved cutting edge. This special axe comes mounted on a raw hickory shaft ready for you to stain or finish, as you like." ;)
Ye Original BAD NDN Bastid (CLuB O’ TrUe BaStIdS)

Don't join dangerous cults. Practice safe sects.:rof: :worry:

Best regards,
Yvsa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users