Welcome to Ramanon
We are a community dedicated to knives, guns, and archery. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today! Having issues signing up? Contact us here!
Photo

Langseax

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

kronckew

kronckew

Slightly to the right of Ghengis Khan

• Members
  • 4,239 posts
  • LocationCSA Consulate, Glos. UK
Stumbled on this one while looking for something else. i love seaxeses. had to have a long one.

Beagnoth langseax replica

Capture 001.jpg
Capture 000.jpg

21.5" x 1.5" x 05/32" forged HC steel blade, etched in runes (original had gold inlays) 7" oval one piece wood grip, 1" hidden tang runs almost full length of grip, held by two 1/4" brass pins and two heavy (cast?) ribbed brass rings inlayed into the grip and each held by 4 brass tacks at seam. leather scabbard. £49.00

arrived today. unsharpened. will get out the diamonds and have a go. initial attempt indicates it's hardened and tempered OK.

my shorter seax: 12" polished blade top, 8" birds eye pattern welded, 5" forge scale.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by kronckew, 10 July 2012 - 11:37 AM.

gallery_25403_3_25880.png.

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS

.Real dogs have tattoos or feathers..

Vegans: My food poops on your food.
Ye Orig. Purrrfect Bstd (CLB O’ TRU BSTDS)

Ad Astra

Ad Astra

Carries a mean falcata!

• Members
  • 10,902 posts
Vortigern would have loved it!

:shrug: I thought an 18" HI seax was a great idea; when I finally got one from Yangdu, it was a tank.

Langseax should outreach a knife, but still fit in a tall boot ... so they sayeth ...

that one's a beaut. :tiphat:

Mike
Posted Image
archer1 Ye Original 7.62mm Full-Metal-Jacketed Bastid (CLB O’ TRU BSTDS) [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

stevomiller

stevomiller

Only one way to go, Up!

• Members
  • 2,556 posts
I like it kronk :-) Is it made in India?

Ad, there are historical pieces that would be called swords if they weren't called langseax. If it has to fit in a boot then I guess some of them wore hip waders ;-p
[I]"All the time you spend tryin' to get back what's been took from you there's more goin' out the door. After a while you just try and get a tourniquet on it". -Cormac McCarthy-
"Got tight on absinthe last night. Did knife tricks." -Hemingway-[I]

kronckew

kronckew

Slightly to the right of Ghengis Khan

• Members
  • 4,239 posts
  • LocationCSA Consulate, Glos. UK
yep, the blade is stamped with the deepeeka eagle on one side by the grip. (esthetically glad it is NOT stamped INDIA). it's one of their newer 2012 range.

they've been getting better over the years since they obtained the services of a western re-enactor guru as a consultant to improve their historical accuracy.

condor dadao is next on the list.

p.s. - if the langseax were down my waders i'd be limping - i've got short legs.

Edited by kronckew, 10 July 2012 - 06:07 PM.

gallery_25403_3_25880.png.

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS

.Real dogs have tattoos or feathers..

Vegans: My food poops on your food.
Ye Orig. Purrrfect Bstd (CLB O’ TRU BSTDS)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users